Here are five ways you can practice self-care in these uncertain times.
Today I want to talk about something a little different than the usual market update or transactional advice. The world has changed in many unexpected ways over the last few years, and if you aren’t taking care of yourself, it can get pretty overwhelming. That’s why I want to discuss a few tips to improve your self-care and mental health:
1. Start the day intentionally. A good morning routine is a life-changer; you just have to stick with it. Once you have your schedule nailed down, you can tweak it to better fit your needs.
2. Stay hydrated. Recently, I bought a gallon water bottle, and it’s been amazing how much better I feel now that I’m staying hydrated. It keeps your mind and body working well, and it’s a nice mini goal to achieve every day.
3. Moving and stretching. I go for a walk a few times a day just to get my heart rate up, and I try to do a little stretching between meetings. If you’re like me, you spend most of your day at a desk or sitting in the car. Try dedicating some time to activity, and your body and mind will appreciate it.
4. Time blocking. If you organize your time, you’ll stay more focused on whatever task is currently at hand. On a similar note, there’s a time-management technique called the Pomodoro method designed to help you get more done.
5. Journaling or reaching out to a friend. I personally struggle with journaling, but when I do it, it’s very helpful. It allows me to look back on my days and unload a ton of stress. If I can’t journal, I reach out to a friend or loved one and tell them how much I appreciate them.
If you have any questions about today’s topic, please don’t hesitate to call or email me. I’d love to hear from you!